How to Apply for Scholarships
- Begin by clicking on Opportunities in the Scholarship Seekers drop-down menu. You will be directed to a page that provides an overview of our scholarship programs and links to our partner community foundations.
- Click on the partner community foundation serving your county.
- When you reach a partner community foundation’s scholarship program page, review the summaries for our Community Scholarship Program and the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program. Click on Opportunities in the Scholarship Seekers drop-down menu to see a list of available scholarship opportunities in that county.
- Click on the scholarship(s) for which you would like to apply and thoroughly review the criteria and additional instructions for each scholarship. Once you have determined the scholarship(s) for which you are eligible, you are ready to click the Apply button at the bottom of that county’s Available Scholarship Opportunities page. You will then be redirected to our scholarship application portal page.
- Once you’re on the portal page, choose Create New Account and complete your registration, or if you have already created an account with us, simply use the login/password from your initial account creation.
- Once you have created or logged into your account and are at your Dashboard, click the Apply button in the left menu.
- You must enter the county or regional code in the Access Code field to gain access to the scholarship applications in which you are interested. Access Codes can be found on each scholarship’s detailed criteria page.
- Click on the link for the desired scholarship program and begin entering your data.
- Once you have completed your application, click the Submit Form button.
- Do not click the Submit Form button until you have completed all sections of the application, attached any required documents, and proofread your entries. You may save your application and come back to finish it at a later time by clicking the Save as Draft button.
- If you do not have a required document in digital format or do not have access to a scanner in order to convert it into a PDF document, use the Fax to File tool, located in the menu. The Fax to File tool allows you to “scan” the document using a fax machine, which will then allow you to save the document in digital format.
- After you have submitted your application, you should check the status of your application periodically by logging into your account and reviewing your Dashboard.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe” email sender and receiver lists. Email messages that we send to you directly from the scholarship program system will come from this email address.
- Check your email daily in case we have questions about your application.