Available Scholarship Opportunities
The Community Foundation Alliance and our partner community foundations are pleased to administer scholarship funds established by our donors. We administer more than 100 scholarships that provide educational assistance to students throughout Southwestern Indiana. These scholarships have been established by individuals, families, businesses, and civic groups wanting to help local students achieve their educational goals.
Each scholarship fund has specific eligibility criteria that are defined by donors when funds are established. Some of these criteria are geographical area, financial need, academic record, recommendations, seriousness of purpose, and school and community involvement. In addition, the Alliance and our community foundation partners are the local administrators of the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program.
Please click on the community foundation affiliate serving your county to learn about available scholarships.
CFA Community Art Scholarship
NEW! The Community Foundation Alliance is seeking applications for original artwork to display on the cover of our annual greeting card (mailed in November). Applicants may submit a photograph, illustration, or computer graphic that depicts giving, gratitude, thankfulness, or the impact of giving within your community.
Graduating high school seniors with a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average (4.0 scale) planning to attend any accredited college, university, or technical/vocational school. Artwork must depict a subject matter from one of our nine counties, including: Daviess, Gibson, Knox, Perry, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh, or Warrick County in Indiana.
Entries will be evaluated on: Expression (subject matter relates to giving thanks, gratitude to donors, or the impact of giving within your community, relates to the work of the Community Foundation) (40%); Composition (entry contains purposeful design, including but not limited to overall artistic expression, no distracting elements, rule of thirds displayed, intentional and contextual, clarity, quality, lighting, exposure and focus) (40%); and Creativity (applicant able to convey their idea, message, or thought in an original and imaginative way) (20%).
· Original art, photograph or computer graphic must be submitted online as a JPEG (.jpg), thru the application. Original art can be sent either by taking a high resolution digital photograph, or by scanning at 400 dpi. Artwork must be submitted with dimensions of 6.75” width x 5” height. Additional request may be made for applicant recipient.
· Short bio of applicant (include community involvement)
· Description and county of artwork
· Optional: If people are displayed in the entry, a written waiver is required by each individual.
September 27, 2020 (by 11:59pm CST)
- Daviess County Community Foundation
- Gibson County Community Foundation
- Knox County Community Foundation
- Perry County Community Foundation
- Pike County Community Foundation
- Posey County Community Foundation
- Spencer County Community Foundation
- Vanderburgh Community Foundation
- Warrick County Community Foundation