Washington, Indiana – The Daviess County Community Foundation granted awards totaling $86,467 for 12 organizations serving Daviess County. The grants were awarded through the Foundation’s Community Good Grants program, to charitably support arts and culture, community development, education, health, human services, and other civic endeavors, such as the environment, recreation, and youth development throughout the local community.
A family of unrestricted Community Good funds, established by individual donors and held and invested by the Foundation, provide the grant dollars for the awards. A list of the full family of Community Good funds established in Daviess County can be found at communityfoundationalliance.org/daviess/daviess-family-of-funds/
Over the past few weeks, Foundation Board members visited organizations all over Daviess County to personally present the grants.
Recipients of the awards are:
- $3,384 to Advocates for Smart Teen Choices for the Character Matters project
- $18,035 to Lena Dunn Elementary School for the Outdoor Learning Exploration – Not Your Typical “Playground” project
- $11,680 to Washington Township Volunteer Fire Department for the replacement of SCBA Bottles
- $5,000 to Retired Senior Volunteer Program of Daviess County for the RSVP Van Purchase project
- $4,200 to Bread of Life Ministry Inc. for the Coalition Loads project
- $1,500 to Odon Winkelpleck Public Library for the OverDrive project
- $4,200 to Hope House/ Church on the Way for the Hope House Community Sharing 2018 project
- $8,368 to Backpack Food for Kids Program at Central Christian Church for the Backpack Food for Kids program
- $5,000 to Youth First for the Youth First School Social Work program
- $5,100 to Junior Achievement of Southwestern Indiana for the Junior Achievement of Southwestern Indiana program
- $10,000 to Daviess County Historical Society for the Daviess County Museum Community Historical Resource Center project
- $10,000 to Odon Volunteer Fire Department for the Fire PPE project