(Washington, IN) The Daviess County Community Foundation has announced their Community Good grant awards, totaling $120,266 for 15 projects of organizations serving Daviess County.
All the grants were made possible by people and organizations establishing to and contributing to unrestricted and field of interest funds held by the Foundation.
Based on the Foundation’s funding priorities of arts and culture, community development, education, health, human services, and other civic endeavors, such as the environment, recreation, and youth development, the grants conclude the Foundation’s 2019 Community Good Grant Program.
The grants are:
- $5,433 to Lighthouse Recovery Center for the Bathroom Remodeling project
- $1,500 to Generations for the Elder Justice event
- $1,840 to Pace Community Action Agency for the SuperMENtor program
- $6,825 to Odon VFW Post #9627 for the Odon Community AED project
- $2,500 to Odon Winkelpleck Public Library for the Little Free Libraries project
- $14,950 to Daviess County Partnership Inc. for the Stepping Forward/ Toxic Charity Endeavor
- $5,000 to Daviess County 4-H for the 4-H Fairgrounds Expansion
- $2,100 to Bread of Life Ministry Inc. for the Food for the Hungry project
- $5,000 to the Daviess County Sheriff Department for the Project Lifesaver program
- $13,580 to the Daviess County Historical Society for the Storing the Future by Preserving the Past project
- $9,050 to Pregnancy Care Center of Washington, Inc. for the Infant Mortality Reduction Program
- $15,520 to the City of Washington Fire Department for the Rescue Task Force project
- $3,200 to Retired Seniors Volunteer Program of Daviess County for the “Ready Set Go” Disaster Preparedness Initiative
- $8,365 to Four Rivers Resource Services for the Community Center Participation project
- $8,000 to Senior and Family Services, Inc. for the Elderly/Disabled Transportation project
The funds making the grant awards possible are field of interest funds including the Daviess County Community Foundation Youth Council Endowed Fund and the Smithville Charitable Foundation Youth of Daviess County Fund, and the following unrestricted funds: Black Beauty Daviess County Community Fund, Boyd Grain Farms/Tom and Marsha Boyd Fund, the Callahan Family Fund, Cherry Tree Plaza Community Fund, Senator Homer and Irma Capehart Fund, Daviess County Memorial Fund, the Joan Daily Elliott Fund, the Dudenhoeffer Family Fund, Edward Jones and Company Achievement Fund, First Federal Savings Bank of Washington Fund, Friends of Daviess County Fund, German American Bancorp Community Fund, the Jim and Kathy Havill Family Fund, Home Building Savings Bank FSB Unrestricted Fund, Jones and Sons Concrete Fund, Memering Family Fund, Midwest Natural Gas Corporation Unrestricted Fund, Jay E. Myers Unrestricted Fund, Dr. Horace and Mary Norton Family Fund, Old National Fund for Daviess County, Perdue Farms Inc. Unrestricted Fund, Singleton Family Fund, Swartzentruber Family Fund, and the Joe and Gladys Traylor Fund.