Warrick County, Indiana—At a breakfast reception held Tuesday morning, July 16, 2019, at the Orthopedic and Neuroscience Hospital in Newburgh, the Warrick County Community Foundation announced the recipients of $32,817 in Community Good grants that will positively impact a wide range of vital projects and programs in Warrick County.
All the grants were made possible by generous founders, donors, and organizations who established and contributed to unrestricted and field-of-interest endowed funds held by the Community Foundation.
Based on the Foundation’s funding priorities of arts and culture, community development, education, health, human services, and other civic endeavors, such as the environment, recreation, and youth development, the grants conclude the Foundation’s 2019 Community Good Grants Program.
- $7,500 to the Deaconess Foundation to support Mobile Mammography services provided in Warrick County
- $1,295 to the Deaconess Foundation to support the purchase of an AED machine for the Elberfeld Police Department
- $2,500 to Encountering Hope Ministries, Inc.to support completion of renovations at the new location for Hope Central services
- $750 to the Evansville Philharmonic Orchestral Corporation to support Warrick County student participation in the 2019-2020 Helen M. McKinney Young People’s Concerts
- $5,000 to Holly’s House, Inc. to support the “Think First and Stay Safe” Child Abuse Prevention Program offered in Warrick County schools
- $5,000 to Hoosiers Feeding the Hungry to support the “Meat” the Need program in Warrick County
- $1,350 to the Saint Vincent Evansville Foundation to support the purchase of dental hygiene products and educational materials for use by Warrick County children
- $3,422 to the Tri-State Food Bank to support the purchase of a refrigerator and freezer for the Hemingway Food Pantry
- $6,000 to the YWCA of Evansville to support the Road to Recovery Program
The endowed funds that made these grant awards possible are the Kathie and Steve Bugg Family Fund; the Charles H. and Geraldine S. Davis Memorial Fund; the Ehrhart Family Fund; the For Good. Forever Fund; the Friends of Warrick County Fund; the Friendship Forever Fund; German American Bancorp Community Fund; the Jim and Marjorie Gunderson Family Fund; Heritage Federal Community Good Fund of Warrick County; the Dr. Bruce J. and Sabine T. Hopkins Unrestricted Fund; the Bob and Vicki Lacer Fund; the John and Beulah Lewis Family Philanthropic Fund; the Norm and Vivian Miller Family Fund; the Dr. Edward and Nancy Prusz Charitable Fund; the Ryan-Hutton Family Fund; the Marvin L. and Joan B. Smith Fund; the William Argyle Stubbs Fund; the Welfare Bequest Fund for Warrick County; the Welter-Brammeier Family Fund; and the Wishes for Warrick Gourley Family Fund.
For more information, contact Sidney Hardgrave, Regional Director of Community Engagement and Impact, at firstname.lastname@example.org. or Sarah Wagner, Regional Director of Development, at email@example.com, or call 812.422.1245.