Warrick County, Indiana—The Warrick County Community Foundation awarded $32,817 in grants, which will positively impact a wide range of service and programs benefiting Warrick County residents.
The Community Good Grants are supported by individuals and organizations establishing and contributing to endowment funds held by the Foundation.
Based on the Foundation’s funding priorities of arts and culture, community development, education, health, human services, and other civic endeavors, such as the environment, recreation, and youth development, these grants conclude the Foundation’s 2019 Community Good Grants Program.
The 2019 grants recipients include:
- The Deaconess Foundation – $7,500 to support Mobile Mammography services provided in Warrick County and $1,295 to the purchase of an AED machine for the Elberfeld Police Department
- Encountering Hope Ministries, Inc. – $2,500 to support renovations for the new Hope Central facility
- Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra -$750 to support Warrick County student participation in the 2019-2020 Helen M. McKinney Young People’s Concerts
- Holly’s House, Inc. – $5,000 for the “Think First and Stay Safe” child abuse prevention program offered in Warrick County schools
- Hoosiers Feeding the Hungry – $5,000 to support the “Meat” the Need program in Warrick County
- Saint Vincent Evansville Foundation – $1,350 to purchase dental hygiene products and educational materials for use by Warrick County children
- Tri-State Food Bank – $3,422 for the purchase of a refrigerator and freezer for the Hemingway Food Pantry
- YWCA of Evansville – $6,000 to support the Road to Recovery Program.
The funds making the grant awards possible are the Kathie and Steve Bugg Family Fund; the Charles H. and Geraldine S. Davis Memorial Fund; the Ehrhart Family Fund; the For Good. Forever Fund; the Friends of Warrick County Fund; the Friendship Forever Fund; German American Bancorp Community Fund; the Jim and Marjorie Gunderson Family Fund; Heritage Federal Community Good Fund of Warrick County; the Dr. Bruce J. and Sabine T. Hopkins Unrestricted Fund; the Bob and Vicki Lacer Fund; the John and Beulah Lewis Family Philanthropic Fund; the Norm and Vivian Miller Family Fund; the Dr. Edward and Nancy Prusz Charitable Fund; the Ryan-Hutton Family Fund; the Marvin L. and Joan B. Smith Fund; the William Argyle Stubbs Fund; the Welfare Bequest Fund for Warrick County; the Welter-Brammeier Family Fund; and the Wishes for Warrick Gourley Family Fund.
For more information, contact Sidney Hardgrave, Regional Director of Community Engagement and Impact, at firstname.lastname@example.org. or Sarah Wagner, Regional Director of Development, at email@example.com, or call 812.422.1245.