Gibson Advisory Board
The County Advisory Board works locally to focus on asset development, learning about the community’s charitable needs and nonprofits working to meet them, and awarding grants and scholarships. All recommendations made by the County Advisory Boards must be presented to the Alliance Board of Directors for final approval. At least 1 County Advisory Board member from each affiliate serves as a county representative on the Alliance Board
2022 Advisory Board Members
Matt Monroe (President) Eric Reed (Vice President) Robin Sermersheim (Secretary) Logan Bailey Nathan Beloat Tiffannie Hedin CT Montgomery Leslie Mustard (Alliance County Representative) Lindsay Schmitt Kent Walden
Primary County Advisory Board Member Expectations
- Collect and analyze data on the charitable needs of the County.
- Serve as an ambassador for both the Alliance and the Foundation in the local community.
- Help to develop and implement an annual asset development plan to build endowments.
- Identify and recommend potential donors.
- Determine how revenue from endowments should be distributed, consistent with donors’ intent and the charitable needs of the community.
- Financially support the Foundation.
- Attend a minimum of 60% of the scheduled County Advisory Board meetings a year.
- Actively participate in the work, projects, functions, and events of the Community Foundation.
These are only some of the most important roles and expectations of all county Advisory Board members. Advisory Board responsibilities support the Strategic Plan of the Alliance, but are separate and distinct from those of the Alliance Board of Directors.