Click here for information about the City of Evansville Endowment Fund (CEEF).
The Endowment’s grant cycle runs from May through October each year. Funding requests are accepted only during our grant cycle. Requests submitted after the stated deadline will not be considered.
2-Step Application Process
The CEEF uses a 2-step application process to review funding requests. A Letter of Inquiry is the required first step for submitting funding requests to be considered by the Fund’s grants committee. The Letter of Inquiry helps in determining whether a funding request qualifies for consideration before the applicant invests time and effort in completing a formal grant application. All Letters of Inquiry will be reviewed by the Fund’s grants committee, with all applicants being notified of the review decision no later than August 11. Successful applicants will be invited to submit a formal application with a deadline of September 8.
Funding Minimum/Maximum Range
The CEEF grants committee will consider funding requests of any amount. Requests of at least $1,000 are preferred.
Eligible Organizations and Activities
Applicant organizations must serve within the city limits of Evansville, Indiana. At least sixty percent (60%) of grant funding will be distributed for activities that will support or benefit the 4th and 6th wards of the City of Evansville. To check the ward where your organization is located or the ward it serves, visit the “Ward & Neighborhood Lookup” page on the City of Evansville & Vanderburgh County website by clicking here.
Not more than thirty percent (30%) of any grant request may be for personnel costs, travel costs, office supplies and other program operating costs. Operating costs for any organization must be directly related to the capital project. CEEF serves to provide funds to organizations that qualify as tax-exempt organizations under sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code, so long as the activities of the organization meet one of the following criteria:
- Social and community-based organizations for the acquisition, construction and renovation of permanent facilities used in the provision of services and activities.
- Arts and cultural activities; defined as the construction or renovation of facilities which promote the arts, culture and/or tourism. (Examples include museums, performing arts facilities, historic properties, historic preservation of sites or structures that are listed in the National Register of Historic Places, the state or local inventory of historic places, or designated as a state or local landmark or historic district by law or ordinance.)
- Recreation activities; defined as the construction and renovation of parks, playgrounds, and other public recreational facilities which are designed for public participation. (Examples include swimming pool, skating rink, soccer/baseball/softball field development, and tree planting.)
- Neighborhood revitalization; defined as the acquisition of property that is blighted, appropriate for rehabilitation, or what is needed to be used for the development of housing for low to moderate income persons. (Examples include disposition of land; clearance, demolition, and removal of buildings and improvements; movement of structures to other sites; rehabilitation of privately owned properties; or construction of new permanent residential structures.)
- Economic development projects; defined as any project that will augment, supplement or replenish existing municipally operated loan programs, in pursuit of new economic development opportunities.
CEEF grants shall not support or benefit the following activities or organizations:
- Any project that is sponsored, wholly or in part, by a for-profit organization.
- Proposals of endowment creation or debt reduction.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Political parties or campaigns.
- Annual appeals or membership contributions.
- Program costs, such as program materials, supplies, and equipment not directly related to the capital project.
Deadline to Submit a Letter of Inquiry
June 25, 2021
Application Access Code