(Evansville, Indiana) The Vanderburgh Community Foundation has announced that the Men’s Fund of Vanderburgh County’s grants committee is now accepting Letters of Inquiry for program activities or capital projects that benefit underserved residents of Vanderburgh County. The Men’s Fund 2020 Impact Grant award amount will be between $25,000 and $30,000.
Only nonprofit organizations that are recognized as tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Code sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a) will be considered for funding. Consideration will be given to nonprofit organizations deemed tax-exempt under sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code and from governmental agencies serving Vanderburgh County. Nonprofit organizations that are not classified as a 501(c)(3) public charity may be considered provided the proposal is charitable and meets certain criteria. Proposals will be considered to enable nonprofit organizations to support:
- Community Development: new or existing activities that improve the community’s economic, social, environmental, and cultural well-being;
- Education: new or existing activities that promote or strengthen educational attainment, both in and out of the classroom;
- Health: new or existing activities that improve health outcomes;
- Human Services: new or existing activities that improve public protection, employment, food and nutrition, agriculture, housing and shelter, public safety, and disaster preparedness and relief;
- Endowment Creation: a portion of the grant may be used to establish an endowment to provide a future funding source for the program; or
- Other Civic Endeavors: Other activities that will improve the quality of life for families in Vanderburgh County.
Qualified organizations are invited to submit applications using the online grant system on the Community Foundation’s website. Funding guidelines, application instructions, and a link to the online grant management system can be found at https://www.communityfoundationalliance.org/grant/vanderburgh-mens-fund-grants-program/. The deadline for submitting applications is 11:59pm CST on July 20, 2020.
Funded programs and projects must begin within six months of award, and be completed within two years from the date the grant is received.
For further information or assistance contact Sidney Hardgrave, Regional Director of Community Engagement and Impact at firstname.lastname@example.org. or call 812.429.1191, ext. 106.