How to Apply for Scholarships
- Begin by clicking on Scholarship Programs in the Scholarship Seekers drop-down menu. You will be directed to a page that describes our scholarship programs – the Community Scholarship Program and the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program.
- To review a list of scholarship opportunities available through the Community Foundation, click on Opportunities in the Scholarship Seekers drop-down menu.
- Click on the scholarship(s) for which you would like to apply and thoroughly review the criteria and additional instructions for each scholarship. Once you have determined the scholarship(s) for which you are eligible, click the Apply button at the bottom of the Opportunities page, and you will be redirected to our scholarship application portal page.
- Choose Create New Account and complete your registration or, if you have already created an account with us, simply use the login/password from your initial account creation.
- Once you have created or logged into your account and are at your Dashboard, click the Apply button in the top menu.
- You must enter the county code in the Access Code field to gain access to that specific county’s scholarship applications. The county access code is listed on each scholarship criteria page.
- Click on the link for the desired scholarship program and begin entering your data.
- Once you have completed your application, click the Submit Form button.
- Do not click the Submit Form button until you have completed all sections of the application, attached any required documents, and proofread your entries. You may save your application and come back to finish it at a later time by clicking the Save as Draft button.
- If you do not have a required document in digital format or do not have access to a scanner in order to convert it into a PDF document, use the Fax to File tool, located in the menu. The Fax to File tool allows you to “scan” the document using a fax machine, which will then allow you to save the document in digital format.
- After you have submitted your application, you should check the status of your application periodically by logging into your account and reviewing your Dashboard.
- Add email@example.com to your “safe” email sender and receiver lists. Email messages that we send to you directly from the scholarship program system will come from this email address.
- Check your email daily in case we have questions about your application.