Annual scholarship created by Tom and Paula McDaniel to honor the life of their son, Hunter Thomas McDaniel. In the short time that Hunter was a part of our small community, he touched and brightened many people’s lives. Hunter had an irrepressible spirit and joy for life that he shared with anyone he knew. Through this annual scholarship, Hunter’s family hopes to continue his legacy and allow his memory to carry on to future generations.
Graduating seniors from each of the three Warrick County School Corporation high schools (Boonville, Castle, and Tecumseh) with a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average (4.0 scale) who are planning to attend an accredited vocational/technical school, college, or university as a full-time student.
Selection will be based on the student’s academic abilities, school and community involvement, honors and awards, employment and/or family care responsibilities and unusual circumstances identified on the student’s application, the quality of the student’s essay, and references.
- Essay (not to exceed two typewritten, double-spaced pages) describing an experience that has made an impact on your life and helped to shape your character and personality.
- Two letters of recommendation
- One letter from a teacher or school official describing the applicant’s academic abilities and dedication
- One letter from an individual who is unrelated to the student and can attest to the student’s personal qualities and attributes
- Official grade transcript.
Three $1,000 awards – one scholarship awarded at each high school.
Extended to April 16, 2021
Application Access Code