(Warrick County, Indiana) The Women’s Fund of Warrick County, a fund of the Warrick County Community Foundation recently awarded $30,000 in grants.
“Since the fund was initiated 12 years ago, over $187,000 has been granted to support programs and services that improve the quality of life for Warrick County families.” says Sidney Hardgrave, Regional Director of Community Engagement and Impact with the Foundation. The Women’s Fund grants address the changing needs and priorities in Warrick County through an annual competitive grant cycle.
“These grants are funded through membership contributions and proceeds from the annual Women’s Fund Day Luncheon. Without our generous members, these grants wouldn’t be possible,” says Linda Andreas, chair of the Women’s Fund Grant Committee. “The Women’s Fund creates an opportunity for women in our community to significantly improve the quality of life in Warrick County. Membership is open and we continue to welcome new members. Through the Women’s Fund endowment we are able to address current needs and build a long-term source of support for the future challenges our communities may face.”
This year, grants totaling $30,000 were awarded to the following organizations:
- Chemo Buddies for the Shuttle Buddies program;
- Deaconess Foundation for the Warrick County Heart Savers AED program;
- Holly’s House for the “Think First & Stay Safe” Child Abuse Prevention program in Warrick County schools;
- Youth First, Inc. to support School Social Worker Services at Chandler Elementary; and
- YWCA of Evansville to purchase furniture for client bedrooms.
For more information about the Women’s Fund of Warrick County, contact Sidney Hardgrave, Regional Director of Community Engagement and Impact at email@example.com. or Sarah Wagner, Regional Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 812.422.1245.