Gibson County, Indiana−The Women’s Fund of Gibson County, a fund of the Gibson County Community Foundation, is now seeking applicants for charitable projects or activities aimed at improving the quality of life for Gibson County families. Funding requests of up to $2,000 are being accepted through April 4.
The program or project for which funding is being requested must address needs and opportunities that improve the quality of life and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Community development, including new or existing activities that improve the community’s economic, social, environmental, and cultural well-being;
- Education, including new or existing activities that promote or strengthen educational attainment, both in and out of the classroom;
- Health, including new or existing activities that improve health outcomes;
- Human services, including new or existing activities that improve public protection, employment, food and nutrition, agriculture, housing and shelter, public safety, disaster preparedness and relief; and
- Other civic endeavors, including all other activities that will improve the quality of life for residents of Gibson County.
Consideration will be given to nonprofit organizations deemed tax-exempt under sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code and from governmental agencies serving Gibson County. Nonprofit organizations that are not classified as a 501(c)(3) public charity may be considered provided the program or project is charitable and meets certain criteria.
To apply, visit the Women’s Fund Grants Program page on the Gibson website. The Women’s Fund Steering Committee will review funding requests and contact grant applicants for an interview as needed. Committee recommendations will then be submitted to the Community Foundation Alliance Board of Directors for approval. No lobbying or soliciting of Steering Committee or Board members is permitted.
Grant recipients will be recognized at a reception in mid-May, during which grant checks will be presented. For additional information about eligibility and requirements or the grant application process, please contact John Campbell, Regional Director of Community Engagement and Impact at email@example.com or 812-386-8082.
The Women’s Fund is supported through private donations. To donate or learn more about becoming a member of the Women’s Fund, contact Hannah Shields, Regional Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-386-8082.