The Women’s Fund, held by the Spencer County Community Foundation, is pleased to announce that grants totaling $10,000 were awarded to six organizations serving Spencer County. This year’s list of grant recipients are:
- $3,000 to Christian Resource Center for the purchase of new coats, hats, gloves, and scarves to supply children in need through the Coat-A-Kid program;
- 3,000 to Isaiah 117 House for the purchase of clothing/ items for children and supplies as well as for foster family support in Spencer County;
- $1,000 to The Way of Rockport Indiana, Inc. to cover the cost of babysitting for the children of men/ women attending recovery support meetings during September 2021 through August 2022;
- $1,000 to Success Through Mentoring to cover the cost of background checks and training for mentors and the Executive Director;
- $1,000 to Holly’s House, Inc. to cover the cost of the Think First and Stay Safe program to teach students in Spencer County Elementary Schools; and
- $1,000 to Chemo Buddies to provide comfort kits to Spencer County cancer patients.
The Women’s Fund of Spencer County reviewed funding requests. The committee then made recommendations on funding to the Community Foundation. The types of charitable activities that were considered through this grant program were arts and culture, community development, education, health, human services, environment, recreation, and youth development projects and programs.
This Fund was established in the fall of 2006, dedicated to supporting programs that give opportunities, encouragement, knowledge, and hope to all women and families in Spencer County.
“The Women’s Fund of the Spencer County Community Foundation was delighted to offer these grants,” says Joy Zook, chair of the steering committee. “I firmly believe we stayed on target with our mission when selecting these six local organizations as recipients.”